by Lionel Baxter
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$40.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 8213-9373 to order by telephone
Quote order code 1859608531
Classic car restoration can be a very expensive proposition, but much of the work required can be carried out by the DIY car enthusiast.
Although such a prospect may at first seem quite daunting, this book, aimed at the novice restorer, explains in detail, using easy-to-understand text and colour illustrations, how to plan a project and carry out the various tasks required, safely and efficiently to a good standard.
This all-colour book includes instructions on:
● Purchasing a car for a restoration project
● How to avoid the pitfalls
● The preparation needed before starting restoration
● How to assess what work can be carried out on a DIY basis and what to put out to specialists
● How to plan a project
● Choosing and using tools and equipment
● Restoration techniques, including metal cutting and joining (riveting, soldering, brazing and welding), drilling, metal polishing and painting
● Restoration of chassis, monocoque, detachable bodies, interior, engine/drive train, fuel system, steering, suspension, brakes, roadwheels and electrics.
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.