Isuzu Cars & Trucks 1981 - 1991 covers covers all US and Canadian models of Isuzu Amigo, Pick-up, Rodeo, Trooper, Trooper II, Impulse, Stylus, and I-Mark; 2- and 4-wheel drive, with gasoline and diesel engines, 1981 through 1991.
Note: It covers left hand drive cars, so steering & electical specifications will have some differences, but the mechanical information should suit the Australian cars.
This manual also covers the Isuzu Amigo (sold in Australia as the Holden Frontera 3 door), Isuzu Pick-Up (Holden Rodeo), Trooper (Holden Jackaroo), Isuzu Rodeo (Holden Frontera 5 door) and the Isuzu Stylus (a sedan that replaced the I-Mark - not sold in Australia).
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 1.5 litre (1471cc) SOHC 4 cylinder and Turbo
● 1.8 litre (1816cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
● 2.0 litre (1949cc) SOHC 4 cylinder and Turbo
● 2.2 litre (2250cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
● 2.6 litre (2559cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
● 2.8 litre (2800cc) V6
● 3.1 litre (3100cc) V6
Diesel Engines Covered:
● 1.8 litre (1815cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
● 2.2 litre (2238cc) OHV 4 cylinder
● 2.2 litre (2238cc) OHV 4 cylinder turbo
(G180Z, G200Z, 4XE1, 4XC1X-U, 4XC1-T, 4FB1, 4ZD1, 4ZE1, 4ZC1-T, C223)
● Introduction: About this manual; Introduction; Vehicle identification numbers; Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities; Buying parts; Jacking and towing; Booster battery (jump) starting; Conversion factors; Automotive chemicals and lubricants; Safety first!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and routine maintenance
● Engine and overhaul procedures
● Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems
● Fuel and exhaust systems
● Engine electrical systems
● Emissions control systems
● Suspension and steering systems
● Chassis electrical system
● Wiring diagrams
Chilton repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
PLEASE NOTE that these manuals are written in the USA and apply to petrol engine cars (except where diesel is specifically mentioned) built to US specifications. (So, the Ford titles deal with Ford of America products, not Ford of Europe, and so on.) Although they are useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.