by R M Clarke
The company that became Alfa Romeo in 1920 was founded as Societa Anonima Italiana Darracq in 1906 by the French automobile firm of Alexandre Darracq. When the company name was changed to Alfa Romeo car production started again with the Torpedo 20-30 which became the first car to carry the new logo. The company produced solid road cars as well as successful race cars. In 1932 Alfa Romeo was rescued by the Italian government and Alfa subsequently became a national emblem, and in the years between 1934 and 1939 they built 1,994 cars.
A portfolio of road tests plus historical and contemporary articles drawn from the worlds leading motoring journals covering Alfa Romeo's classic saloons, sports and racing cars produced between 1920 and 1940.
Brooklands Books Ltd "Road Test" books provide a wide range and collection of road tests, comparison tests, new model introductions, long term tests, and other articles taken from the world's leading motoring magazines. The regular Road Test series contain 100 pages with approximately 200 illustrations.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.