BMW Classic 5 Series 1972 - 2003 tells the complete BMW 5 series story, in the pre-Bangle classic era, covering e12, e28, e34 and e39 models, the enthusiast cars that invented the modern sports sedan and created BMW’s ultimate driving machine image.
Follow the evolution of BMW’s middle child through the decades in all major markets. Marvel at the mystique of BMW’s motorsport and exotic tuner cars reaching the 180mph milestone on V8 power.
Consider BMW’s phoenix-like rise from the ashes of WWII, regaining its sports, luxury reputation, and powering on to become the ultimate business machine under chairman Eberhard von Kuenheim.
This new edition features 150 new pictures, new specification tables, updated text, a new “Meet the Tuners” section, and a new “easy use” index. The book also contains a foreword by Allen Hardy (America’s first BMW tuner), and a contribution from Kevin Bird of Birds, the UK’s first BMW Hartge tuning agent.
Marc Cranswick has been writing on the subject of classic high performance German cars for many years. He has been involved with BMW since the e12 and e21 were current models.
● The complete story of the classic BMW 5 series
● Covers all models from 1972-2003
● Includes archive photos of collector’s models and German tuners
● The BMW 5 series - The King of sports sedans for over 40 years
● New edition features many new colour pictures, updated text and a new “Meet the Tuners” section
● Details collector BMWs and tuner information
● Detailed accounts of BMWs electronic and engineering achievements
● Special write-ups from BMW tuning legends
● Includes detailed specification tables
● A detailed look at BMW’s classic era