by Bob Watson
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$39.95 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 8213-9373 to order by telephone
Quote order code BW-5333
Phillip Island to Fangio: The History of the Light Car Club Australia traces the history of the club from its formation in 1924 by members of the RACV. As well as the above, there are chapters on the fabulous Juan Manuel Fangio Australian Grand Prix meeting in 1978, the Experts Trial, the Tasman series of races, Lakeland hill climb and the failed bids to establish a racing circuit on the Mornington Peninsula.
Other chapters cover club personalities including Lex Davison and Bill Patterson, the establishment of the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS), the track safety organization Women for Wheels and importantly, the inside story of the politics of the upgrading of the Sandown race track for Formula 1, the financial problems this caused the club, and the running of two World Sports Car championship races that eventually led the club into bankruptcy in 1992.
● A Brilliant Occasion
● Early Days of Motoring in Victoria
● Formation of the Victorian Light Car Club
● The Early Cars
● The First Australian Grand Prix
● Racing At Phillip Island 1929 - 1935
● Other Club Events: Pre World War
● Hill Climbs
● The Dependability and Reliability Trials
● The 1933 Twenty Four Hour Trial
● The Men and Women Who Made the Club
● Rob Roy Hill Climb
● Post World War 2 Events
● Formation of the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport
● Racing at Albert Park - Political Bastardry
● Albert Park Races 1953
● Albert Park Moomba Races 1955
● Albert Park Moomba Races 1956
● 1956 Olympic Tourist Trophy
● 1956 Olympic Australian Grand Prix
● 1957 Albert Park Races
● 1958 Albert Park Races
● Light Car Club of Australia Ballarat Branch
● Light Car Club of Australia Bendigo Branch
● The Experts Trial
● The Junior Light Car Club
● Brunswick Street to Queens Road
● The Alpine Rally, Early Times
● The Alpine Rally, Modern Times
● The Alpine Masters
● The BP Rally 1958 - 1973
● Armstrong 500 Races 1960 - 1962
● Lakeland Hill Climb
● Sandown, Birthplace of Australian Motor Racing
● Motor Racing Returns to Sandown
● Sandown in the 1960's and 1970's
● The Harrington Files
● The Tasman Cup Series
● Tin Tops Rule
● Financial Problems, The Debenture Issue
● The Reliance on Sandown
● Women for Wheels
● Upgrading Sandown for Formula 1
● Sale of Brunswick Street and Another World Sports Car Race
Many historic photos and documents and a complete record of the winners of all major events run by the LCCA over its 68 year history are included.
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.