by Leo Santucci
Chevrolet Inline Six-Cylinder Power Manual written for restorers and hot rodders using Chevrolet and GMC inline sixes, this illustrated, hands-on manual features all the step-by-step information needed to rebuild one of these powerplants for use on the street or strip.
Covers: 194, 230, 250, 292 cubic inch Passenger car and truck engines.
Advice covers a plethora of topics ranging from development history and selecting a block to modifying the oiling system, sealing, camshaft designs, cylinder heads, manifolds, ignitions, and supercharging and turbocharging.
● Development History
● Planning Your Project
● Block Identification and Selection
● Machining Operations
● Oiling System Modifications
● Crankshaft and Timing Gears
● Rods, Pistons and Bearings
● Gaskets, Sealing and Hardware
● Camshaft Design and Recommendations
● The Cylinder Head - Key Element of a Super Six
● The Hybrid Cylinder Head - A Step Beyond
● Fuel, Exhaust and Manifolding
● Ignition - Lighting the Fire for Power
● Supercharging - When Enough Isn't Enough
● Turbocharging - A Different Route
● What about Nitrous Oxide
● Aftermarket Blocks and Heads
● Build Sheets
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.