Beginning in 1969, the Chevelle SS was no longer its own model and was relegated to being an option package. Hence, it can become difficult to determine if a 1969-1972 model was ordered from the factory with Super Sport equipment. Author and noted Chevelle expert Dale McIntosh discusses each model in a year-by-year format, providing correct information on what was and wasn't part of the Malibu SS, SS396, and SS-optioned Chevelle. Crucial to this is a firm understanding of plant-by-plant variances along with mid-year changes that he has identified to make your Chevelle SS factory correct.
● Chapter One: 1964 Malibu SS
● Chapter Two: 1965 Malibu SS
● Chapter Three: 1966 SS396
● Chapter Four: 1967 SS396
● Chapter Five: 1968 SS396
● Chapter Six: 1969 Chevelle SS
● Chapter Seven: 1970 Chevelle SS
● Chapter Eight: 1971 Chevelle SS
● Chapter Nine: 1972 Chevelle SS
● Appendix A: Abbreviations and Terminology
● Appendix B: SS Paint and SS Interior
● Appendix C: General Motors of Canada
● Appendix D: Chevelle U.S. Assembly Plants
Rarely does a book offer this much hard data in an easy and concise read. You will be confident that your Chevelle SS is as original as possible.