by Todd Ryden
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$44.09 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 8213-9373 to order by telephone
Quote order code CT-SA79
How to Build High-Performance Ignition Systems is the complete guide to understanding automotive ignition systems, from old-school points and condensers to modern computer-controlled distributorless systems, from bone-stock to totally aftermarket.
Author Todd Ryden leads you through the various components, systems, and subsystems, explaining the theory behind the operation and how the parts work with each other to achieve the ultimate goal of efficient combustion. Coils, wires, spark plugs, distributors, magnetos, inductive systems, CD ignitions, multiple-spark systems, computer ignition controls, rev limiters - all are covered for both street and race applications.
• Intro and Overview: A Quick Look at the Entire System.
• Ignition Controls: An Intro to Performance Ignitions.
• CD Ignition Controls: High Performance Racing Ignitions.
• Coils, Wires and Plugs: Take a Look at the Secondary Side.
• Distributor Basics: Triggers, Timing Advance and Delivery.
• Distributors and Timing: Dialing in Centrifugal Advance.
• Electronic Controls: Advanced Timing and Crank Triggers.
• RPM and Timing Controls.
• Advanced Programming: Programming Through Your Computer.
• Going DIS: Where's the Distributor?
• Carging and Wiring: Batteries, Alternators and Wiring.
• Definitions and Diagrams: Useful Info and Wiring Schematics.
This book will help you understand how your car's ignition works, and it will help you choose the right components for your car's performance needs, whether it's a '55 Chevy with a 265 small-block or a 2003 Cobra with a 4.6 liter modular motor.
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.