by Todd Ryden
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$44.50 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code CT-SA79
High-Performance Ignition Systems is a completely updated guide to understanding automotive ignition systems, from old-school points and condensers to modern computer-controlled distributorless systems, and from bone-stock systems to highly modified. Author Todd Ryden leads you through the various components in this update, explaining the theory behind the operation and how the parts work with each other to achieve the ultimate goal of efficient combustion. The inside scoop on all the new coils, wires, spark plugs, distributors, magnetos, inductive systems, CD ignitions, multiple-spark systems, computer ignition controls, rev limiters - all are covered for both street and race applications.
● Electrical System Overview: Introduction to Automotive Ignition Operation
● Distributor Basics: Triggers, Timing Advance and Delivery
● Distributors and Timing: Dialing in Centrifugal Advance
● Performance Ignition Controls: Choosing an Ignition for Your Engine
● Coils, Wires and Plugs: Take a Look at the Secondary Side
● Electronic Accessories: RPM and Timing Controls
● Advanced Ignition Tuning: Performance from a PC
● Going DIS: Where’s the Distributor?
● Batteries, Charging and Wiring: Fuel for the Fire
● Definitions and Diagrams: Useful Info and Wiring Schematics
This book will help you understand how your car's ignition works, update you on all the latest components, including distributorless and coil per cylinder systems and it will help you choose the right components for your car's performance needs.
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.