Toyota Camry 1997 - 2002 Gregorys Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the various Camry Sedan Models: CSi, Intrigue, Advantage, Conquest, Touring, Azura, VXi and Grange
● 2.2 litre (2164 cc) "5S-FE" 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve engine (SXV20) SEDAN
● 3.0 litre (2995 cc) "1MZ-FE24" valve V6 DOHC (MCV20) SEDAN
● S52 5-speed manual (4-cylinder)
● S53 5-speed manual (4-cylinder)
● E-153 5-speed manual (V6)
● A140E 4-speed automatic (4-cylinder)
● A541E 4-speed automatic (V6)
Both engines have sequential electronic fuel injection.
Does NOT cover Wagon. There are currently no manuals for the Wagon 2.2 Litre on the market. This manual is the closest you will get as mechanicals will be the same as the sedan.
● Introductory Pages
Introduction to the Toyota Camry; About this Manual; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Stereo Anti-Theft System Precaurion; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Tables; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-Up and Routine Maintenance
● Four Cylinder Engine
● V6 Engine
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions and Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transaxle
● Automatic Transaxle
● Clutch and Driveaxles
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the transmissions.
Gregory's workshop manuals are produced for the Australian market. These vehicle specifications may vary from those sold in other countries. Please be aware of these possible differences prior to using the data contained within.
Published by Gregory's (Gregorys)
Customer questions about manual:
● Question: I need to know if this manual contains a list of diagnostic fault codes for my Vienta V6. The ECS is a non-standard OBD-1 type and produces 2 digit codes when interrogated (not to be confused with the later OBD2 systems with 4 digit codes such as I see in US published manuals for these models)?
● Answer: I've checked the manual. Unfortunately, it only lists the 4-digit OBD codes. I believe that this model can output both types of code. I'm not sure why they only included the 4 digit type.●
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.