by Christopher Hilton
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$56.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code H4404
The extraordinary events of the 1982 Formula One season are still hard to believe 25 years on. Most memorable of all was the thrilling fight for the title -- the 16 races were won by 11 different drivers -- and the controversy surrounding the deaths of three men, two of them Grand Prix icons. There were also ominous subcurrents, not least the FOCA-FISA war, the struggle between the turbo and normally aspirated teams, and the driver rebellion over super licenses. Packed with fresh insight from interviews and new research, this superbly illustrated all-color book captures all the drama of a remarkable year.
● In South Africa, drivers barricade themselves in a hotel room threatening to strike over super licences.
● At Imola, Ferrari driver Didier Pironi flouts team orders, betrays Gilles Villeneuve and steals his win.
● Qualifying at Zolder, Villeneuve is killed.
● John Watson (McLaren) wins at Detroit from 17th place on the grid.
● In Canada, Osella driver Riccardo Paletti rams stalled Pironi and dies.
● Pironi is crippled in a practice accident at Hockenheim.
● Lotus supremo Colin Chapman dies, leaving many unanswered questions.
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (2) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.