by Brian Taylor
This colourful and entertaining book, the first comprehensive history of drag racing in the UK, is a must for all fans of this exciting sport. Dramatically illustrated, it traces the roots of drag racing from its UK sprinting and American speed trial and hot-rodding origins in the early 1900s, moving on to the landmark opening of Santa Pod in 1966, through the boom periods of the 1970s and 1980s, and finishing with the sport's rejuvenation in recent years. Meticulously researched, this book features many historic photographs and a wealth of first-hand memories from the leading protagonists.
● The Allards, the American 'dream team' visitors, the budding UK hot rodders.
● The early UK stars and their machines: Allan Herridge, Clive Skilton, Tony Densham, Rex Sluggett, Dennis Priddle, Nobby Hills, Alf Hagon, etc.
● The opening of Santa Pod Raceway and other UK drag strips.
● How the UK spread the word to Sweden and then helped spread it to Europe.
● Changing clubs and promoters; gaining FIA-status championships.
● The cars and bikes - including the rockets and jets.
● Key performance achievements up to the first 300mph and 4-second runs at Santa Pod.
Colour & black / white Illustrations.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.