When the Boeing 747 first flew commercially in 1970 it ushered in a new era of affordable air travel. Often referred to by the nickname 'Jumbo Jet', the 747 was the world's first wide-body commercial airliner and its advent has proved to be one of the major milestones in aviation history.
The centrepiece of this "Haynes Manual" is the 747-400, which is the most numerous version. As well as being the highest-selling model in the 747 family, there are more 400s currently in service than any other version.
● The first airliner to receive the Haynes Manual treatment.
● Unique insights into operating, flying and maintaining the mighty Jumbo.
● Features detailed photos of servicing and maintenance.
● Includes specially commissioned photography of the 747-400.
● The author is an experienced 747 pilot.
Colour & b/w Illustrations. Hardcover Book.