by Greg Baker
This book is the definitive guide to keeping an adventure motorcycle running in the way it should. Written for the rider who wants to be self-reliant while on the road, the book takes the reader through a series of practical, hands-on techniques designed to keep the bike in peak riding condition.
In the classic "Haynes" style, the book uses picture-led chapters and clear step-by-step instructions to demonstrate the skills needed for basic maintenance both at home and on the trail.
● In the workshop: layout, lighting, equipment and special tools.
● Basic maintenance: lubrication systems, fuelling, wheels and tyres, brakes, transmission.
● Tour preparation: accessorising, spares, chassis, engine, wheels, electrical, toolkit.
● Roadside maintenance: emergency repairs, punctures, crash damage, electrical damage, pitfalls.
● Bike-specific issues: dealer recalls, safety.
● Real world rescues: examples of how a few basic skills can save a tour from disaster.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.