Most guitar players learn the basics on an economy guitar and there has never been a better time to find a bargain, with working instruments available for as little as GBP100. With some essential tweaks, good strings and careful setting up, it's possible to hone a budget guitar into a professional instrument. This manual offers tips, specialist advice and tricks of the trade that can be used to transform an 'off-the-shelf' entry-level guitar to provide feel, performance and sound to rival much more expensive instruments.
● An 'entry-level' addition to an established series of guitar manuals, including Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Bass, Gibson Les Paul and Acoustic Guitar.
● Buying an electric guitar - what to look for and what to avoid, getting the right guitar for the job.
● Set-ups and modifications. Strings and pick-ups.
● Routine maintenance and servicing.
● Case studies of a range of budget guitars, including an Affinity Strat Starter Pack, an Epiphone Junior Starter Pack, a Danelectro retro copy, a Noel Gallagher 'Casino' Epiphone, a 'Heavy Metal Yamaha Super Strat, an Ibanez 'Gretsch' copy and a Vintage-brand 'Les Paul' copy.
● Easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance, supported by numerous photographs and illustrations.