by Peter Goodwin
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$32.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 days read more
Or call (02) 8213-9373 to order by telephone
Quote order code H5085
HMS Victory is probably the most famous surviving historic warship in the world today. She was flagship to Admiral Lord Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, when he was killed on her quarter deck by a sniper's bullet in Britain's hour of victory.
Maritime historian and former HMS Victory Keeper and Curator Peter Goodwin tells the story of Nelson's flagship, giving fascinating insights into how she was built, her anatomy and weaponry, and how a ship of the line in the Georgian navy was sailed, fought and maintained.
● Officially licensed Royal Navy product
● The first classic warship from the age of fighting sail to receive the Haynes manual treatment
● Vivid insights into the construction and operation of HMS Victory including her hull, steering, masts, sails, rigging and weapons
● Also covers her internal and external hull reconstruction at Portsmouth in the 21st century
● Author Peter Goodwin is the former Keeper and Curator of HMS Victory and historical advisor for the film, Master and Commander and the Hornblower series
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.