The legendary 'classic' Land Rover - the mainstay of the four-wheel-drive market world-wide for over 60 years - was rebranded Defender in 1990, and has upheld Land Rover's reputation for producing rugged workhorses, with unbeatable off-road capability. This Haynes Manual provides a practical guide to modifications and upgrades for Defender owners who wish to update or improve their vehicles. Coverage includes modifications for both recreational off-road use and to improve comfort and cosmetic appearance.
● Engine - fitment of 2.8 International diesel engine, engine pre-heaters, turbochargers and intercoolers, cooling system modifications.
● Transmission - transfer box modifications and upgrades, automatic transmission, alternative differentials, fitting overdrive.
● Suspension and brakes - LHD/RHD conversions, suspension modifications, anti-roll bar fitting, brake upgrades, ABS brake conversion.
● Electrics - lighting modifications, vehicle security, in-car entertainment, central locking, electric windows, instrument panel modifications.
● Interior and bodywork - ventilation, air conditioning, alternative seating, bodywork modifications, rustproofing, body graphics.
● Accessories - winches, towing brackets, reversing sensors, snorkels.