Being able to barbecue should be in men's genes, something to do with cavemen and chargrilled mammoth, but if you need help this new "Haynes Manual" will show you how, step-by-step. From marinades and rubs to the infamous beer-can chicken, it contains a variety of mouth-watering recipes for meat, fish and vegetables, along with some great barbecue puddings to keep the girls happy. Gas or charcoal, briquettes or lumpwood, direct or indirect cooking, lid on or lid off, it's all included.
● The barbeques: choosing the right one
● Tools and equipment: what you really need.
● Basic techniques: the types of fuel, lighting and cooking skills.
● Marinades, rubs and relishes.
● The main items: meat and fish.
● The vegetables: there's more than corn on the cob.
● Advanced techniques: from spit-roasting to brazucades.
● The planning: home or away, furniture, lighting and advance preparation.