Now in its 17th year of publication, The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance continues to be a bestseller. Compiled by a new author, this sixth edition is a major update to include all new developments in the cycling world along with a thorough check and revision of all existing material.
New photography together with a refreshed page design (the first redesign in the book's history) offer the reader a user-friendly and contemporary manual - but still with the clear step-by-step approach for which Haynes is famous.
● Choosing a bike: different types of bike, correct sizing and setting up.
● Routine maintenance and repair: lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, repairing punctures, tyre care, chains, cables and brake pads.
● Braking systems: rim and disc brakes. Drive train: chains, cables, derailleurs, sprockets and cassettes, chainsets, bottom brackets, hub gears, gear shifters.
● Contact points: saddles, seat posts, bars and stems, pedals, toe clips, straps and clipless pedals.
● Wheels: adjustable-cone hubs, sealed-bearing hubs, spoke replacement and truing.
● Frames, forks, steering and suspension: frame materials and design, suspension fork strip and set-up, headset strip, adjustment and replacement, full-suspension bearing replacement.
● Safety, security and accessories: mudguards, racks, panniers, computers, bells, seatpost bags.
● Appendix: gear ratios, torque settings, chain types, tyre and rim combinations, Shimano, Sram and Campagnolo compatability, fault-finding.
Beautifully presented in colour throughout and packed as before with practical information and handy tips, this book, the undisputed market-leader, gives any rider the confidence and knowledge required to tackle regular maintenance, repairs and even major overhauls.