Four-Stroke Performance Tuning First published more than 30 years ago and in continuous print ever since, this remains one of the most comprehensive references available to the enthusiast engine tuner and race engine builder.
Table of Contents:
● An Introduction to Four-Stroke Engine Tuning Principles
● The Air Inlet System
● The Cylinder Head
● Electronic Fuel Injection
● Fuel and Fuel Boosters
● Combustion and The Ignition System
● The Engine Management System
● The Exhaust System
● Camshaft and Valve Train
● The Bottom End
● Power Measurement and Tuning
● Appendix I - Table of Useful Equivalents
● Appendix II - Cam Timing Chart
Drawing on the author's many years of practical experience in tuning and modifying high-performance road, rally and race units, every aspect of an engine's operation is explained and analysed. Detailed modifications and improvements are suggested and described in the author's practical, down-to-earth style, making this book essential reading for anyone involved in building high-performance engines.