by Ian Wagstaff
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$32.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code H5127
Conceived by Colin Chapman, the Lotus 72 is one of the most successful Formula 1 cars ever made. This innovative car, with its wedge-shaped profile, side-mounted radiators and inboard front brakes, was driven during 1970 by Jochen Rindt, Formula 1's posthumous World Champion, and also gave Emerson Fittipaldi the World Champion's crown in 1972.
Here, in this new Haynes Manual, is a unique perspective on what it takes to restore, maintain and race a Lotus 72, as well as an insight into the design and engineering of this legendary racing car.
● The Lotus 72 story: teething troubles
● Debut win in 1970 Dutch GP
● Rindt's posthumous World Championhip in 1970
● A lean year in 1971 with no wins
● Another title in 1972, for Fittipldi
● Team-mates Ronnie Peterson and Fittipaldi take seven wins in 1973
● Protracted old age with active use lasting into 1975.
● Anatomy of the Lotus 72: aerodynamics, chassis, engine, transmission, suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, electrics.
● Restore for track use: restoration projects
● Obtaining spare parts
● Making replacement parts.
● The owner's view: buying a Lotus 72 values and insurance.
● The driver's view: racing in period
● Racing now.
● The engineer's view: maintenance and repairs
● Set-up for racing.
Colour & b/w Illustrations.
Shipping: Our standard shipping rates apply read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.