Now available in paperback, this is the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the fast-moving world of racing videogames. Starting with a history of racing games, and split into decades highlighting the major arcade, PC and console releases for that period, this book acts as a history, a buying guide and a practical manual, with sections on driving technique, car set-up/tuning, and the benefits of force-feedback steering wheels/simulators.
● The racing videogame scene: historical overview, relevance of old titles today, progression and themes, the modern racing game.
● Racing video games by decade: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s.
● Comprehensive listing of major releases over the years, with text and screenshots.
● Driving, racing and drifting techniques.
● Car set-up: an explanation of various parameters and their effect out on track.
● Player set-up: force-feedback steering wheels and other devices to enhance the driving experience.
● Circuits: a list detailing real-world circuit characteristics used in racing games.