by John Lyon
Written by one of Britain's foremost tutors in advanced driving, this important new book will provide the inspiration and instruction necessary to become an expert driver - and therefore a safer one. A lifetime of driving wisdom lies behind the guidance in this book's easy-to-follow text and to aid understanding there are photographs and diagrams to support all key points. This is a book for keen drivers who want to refine their skills in order to further their enjoyment and skill in motoring.
● Handling skills: good, safe technique in steering, braking and changing gear; using the engine well, acceleration and decleration; driving with mechanical sympathy.
● The driving plan: the foundation of safe, measured driving; the six stages - mirrors, signal, position, speed, gear, warning.
● Observe to anticipate: advanced driving requires advanced thinking, applied sufficiently early, with a sense of speed; the importance of concentration, observation and anticipation.
● Cornering: the most challenging and enjoyable aspect of driving for a keen driver; the knowledge, skill and responsibility required for cornering safely.
● Overtaking and making reasonable progress: 'flowing' through traffic; when to overtake and when not to; observation and skill when overtaking; the 'triangle' technique.
● Driving at night: car preparation, observation, use of high and dipped beams.
● Bad weather: fog, snow and ice, rain and standing water, strong winds.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.