Here is the Haynes Manual for all students. For many young people, university offers the first taste of independence, but also throws up a lot of new demands and experiences that initially leave them stumped. There is a growing need for trustworthy, quality advice within the ever-changing field of higher education, and the "Student Manual" offers just that.
With insight from current students and advice from experts, the "Student Manual" covers everything from money and studying to health and relationships. This Haynes Manual will appeal to mums, dads and grandparents about to wave goodbye, and, of course, to prospective students themselves.
● Money: student loans, bank accounts, budgeting, hardship funds and money-making ideas.
● Housing: maintenance tips, stories of renting nightmares, insurance information and how to keep housing deposits safe.
● Health: simple recipes, ways to stay in shape, sex issues, stress busters, alcohol and drugs advice.
● Relationships: new friends, how to keep a long-distance relationship going, and keeping in touch with family.
● Study: what lecturers want, dissertation and essay tips, how to find resources, how to avoid plagiarism, postgraduate options.
● Also includes Fresher's Week do's and don'ts, the low-down from the NUS President, clubs and societies, CV and interview tips, and information on internships and jobs.