Now available in paperback, this meticulously researched book, outlines each of the 858 World Championship races held since the beginning of Formula 1 in 1950. Each entry highlights the key events of a Grand Prix, from qualifying through to the final outcome, as well as spotlighting those incidental happenings so unique to F1 that influenced a race or an unfolding championship battle.
Nothing is missed. Every significant happening is recorded. As TV commentator Martin Brundle states in his foreword, this is a 'comprehensive yet condensed record for posterity'.
● Each race entry is packed with information, comprising a descriptive text supported by numerous statistics.
● 858 races, 192 winning cars, 102 winning drivers, 62 seasons, 32 champions.
● All race-winning cars illustrated with high-quality artwork by Alain Baudouin.
● Top 100 races highlighted: the special occasions that have entered Formula 1 folklore and can truly be considered as Grand Prix Gold.
● Decade-by-decade structure: the 1950s (From red to green); the 1960s (Cigarettes and whisky), the 1970s (Television stardom), the 1980s (Bernie's travelling circus), the 1990s (Going global), the 2000s (Front-page news).
● Appendices give overview listings, including World Champion drivers, World Champion constructors, total wins for drivers and constructors, etc.