Popularly referred to as the 'Viper' by its air and ground crews, the F-16 is a successful American-built all-weather multi-role jet fighter of which more than 4,500 have been built and exported to 25 countries worldwide.
Author Steve Davies covers all aspects of the F-16, focusing specifically on the design and construction of the Block 40/50 F-16C/D version. He also gives coverage of the Viper's impressive combat record in both Gulf Wars, in Afghanistan and over the Balkans, as well as in the Israeli pre-emptive strike in 1981 on the Osirak reactor in Iraq.
● The Viper Story
● Variant Summaries and Blocks
● International Vipers
● The Block 40 - 52 F16C/D at War
● Anatomy of the Viper F16CM Blocks 40 - 52
● The Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 and General Electric F110-GE-129 Engines
● Flying the Viper: The Pilots View
● Maintaining the Viper: The Technicians View