Triumph Spitfire 1962 - 1981 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers: Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4 and 1500 1962 - 1981.
Engines covered in line 4 cylinders OHV:
● 1147 cc (Mk1 and Mk2)
● 1296 cc (Mk3 and Mk4)
● 1493 cc (1500).
Transmissions 4-speed manual with optional overdrive:
● 3-rail selector, no synchro on first gear (Mk I, II, III and IV to Oct 1970)
● 3-rail selector synchro on all four forward gears (Mk IV Oct 1970 to Dec 1974)
● Single-rail selector, synchro on all forward gears (1500 models)
● Laycock Type D overdrive (Mk I, II, III and IV)
● Laycock Type J overdrive (1500 models)
● Routine Maintenance
● Tune-Up Procedures
● Engine Repair
● Cooling And Heating
● Fuel And Exhaust
● Emissions Control
● Ignition, Brakes
● Suspension And Steering
● Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.