Jaguar E-Type 1961 - 1972 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the following models:
● Jaguar E-type Series 1 3.8L (3781cc) (1961 – 1964)
● Jaguar E-type Series 1 4.2L 6-cyl (4235cc) (1964 – 1968)
● Jaguar E-type Series 2 4.2L 6-cyl (4235cc) (1968 – 1971)
● Jaguar E-type Series 3 4.2L 6-cyl (4235cc) (1971 – 1972)
● Includes Roadster, Coupe and Coupe 2+2
Engines covered are XK type in line 6 cylinders, 3781 cc and 4235 cc.
• Type EB/JS 4-speed manual with synchro on 2nd, 3rd and 4th (Moss `box)
• Types EJ and KE (Roadster and Coupe) and KJS (2+2 Coupe) numbered series 4-speed manual with synchro on all forward gears
• Borg Warner Type 8 3-speed automatic.
Does NOT cover V12 models.
● Routine Maintenance
● Tune-Up Procedures
● Engine Repair
● Cooling And Heating
● Fuel And Exhaust
● Emissions Control
● Ignition, Brakes
● Suspension And Steering
● Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.