VW Passat Petrol & Diesel 1988 - 1996 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers: Saloon and Estate, Including Special/Limited Editions.
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 1.8 litre (1781cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
● 2.0 litre (1984cc) SOHC 4 cylinder
Diesel Engine Covered:
● 1.9 litre (1896cc) 4 cylinder turbo-diesel
Does NOT cover 1.6 Diesel engine.
Does NOT cover 16-valve DOHC or 2.8 litre VR6 engines.
● Living with Your Volkswagen Passat
● Roadside Repairs
● Weekly Checks
● Routine Maintenance & Service
● Lubricants, Fluids & Tyre Pressures
● Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Engine Removal & Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating & Ventilation Systems
● Fuel System - Single Point Petrol Injection
● Fuel System - Multi-Point Petrol Injection
● Fuel System - Diesel
● Emission Control & Exhaust Systems
● Starting & Charging Systems
● Ignition System - Petrol Engines
● Pre-heating Systems - Diesel Models
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Braking System
● Suspension & Steering
● Bodywork & Fittings
● Body Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.