Volvo S40 & V40 (Petrol) 1996 - 2004 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers S40 Saloon & V40 Estate, including T4 & special/limited editions.
● DOES NOT cover new S40 / V50 range introduced Mar 2004, Diesel or bi-fuel models.
● 1.6 Litre (1588 cc) DOHC and variable valve timing
● 1.8 Litre (1731 cc) DOHC
● 1.8 Litre (1783 cc) DOHC variable valve timing
● 1.8 Litre (1834 cc) Mitsubishi-designed DOHC direct-injection (GDI)
● 1.9 Litre (1855 cc) DOHC turbo variable valve timing turbo
● 2.0 Litre (1948 cc) DOHC variable valve timing
● 2.0 Litre (1948 cc) DOHC turbo variable valve timing
● M3P 5 speed manual
● M5p 5-speed manual
● M5M42 or F5M45 5-speed manual
● M56L2 5-speed manual
● M56H 5-speed manual
● AW 50-42 4-speed automatic
● AW 55-50 5-speed automatic
● Living with Your Volvo S40 & V40
● Roadside Repairs
● Weekly Checks
● Lubricants & Fluids
● Tyre Pressures
● Routine Maintenance & Service
● Engine In-Car Repair Procedures - Except GDI
● Engine In-Car Repair Procedures (GDI)
● Engine Removal & Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating & Ventilation Systems
● Fuel System - Except GDI Engine
● Fuel System - GDI Engine
● Exhaust & Emission Control Systems
● Starting & Charging Systems
● Ignition System
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Braking System
● Suspension & Steering
● Bodywork & Fittings
● Body Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.