Ford Explorer, Mazda Navajo & Mercury Mountaineer 1991 - 2005 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual Covers Ford Explorer (all models), including Mazda Navajo and Mercury Mountaineer.
● Explorer Sport models through 2003
● Explorer Sport Trac models through 2005
● 4.0 litre pushrod V6 petrol
● 4.0 litre SOHC V6 petrol
● 5.0 litre pushrod V8 petrol
● M5OD 5-speed manual
● A4LD 4-speed automatic - 1991 - 1994 models
● 4R55E 4-speed automatic - 1995 and 1996 V6 models
● 4R70W 4-speed automatic - 1996 and later V8 models
● 5R55E 5-speed automatic - 1997 and later V6 models
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● 4.0 litre V6 (Pushrod) Engine
● 4.0 litre V6 SOHC Engine
● 5.0 litre V8 Engine
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Control Systems
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Transfer Case
● Clutch & Driveaxles
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
PLEASE NOTE that this manual is intended for vehicles built to US specifications and do not cover diesel models unless specifically stated. Although it is useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.