General Motors: Chevrolet Malibu 1997 - 2003 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers:
● Chevrolet Malibu (97-03)
● Chevrolet Classic (04-05)
● Oldsmobile Alero (99-03)
● Oldsmobile Cutlass (97-00)
● Pontiac Grand Am (99-03)
● Tune-up and routine maintenance
● Part A: 2.2L four-cylinder engine
● Part B: 2.4L four-cylinder engine
● Part C: V6 engine
● Part D: General engine overhaul procedures
● Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
● Fuel and exhaust systems
● Engine electrical systems
● Emissions and engine control systems
● Manual and automatic transaxle
● Clutch and driveaxles
● Suspension and steering systems
● Chassis electrical system
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
PLEASE NOTE that this manual is intended for vehicles built to US specifications and do not cover diesel models unless specifically stated. Although it is useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.