VW Volkswagen Passat (B5) Petrol & Diesel 1996 - 2000 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers Saloon and Estate, including special/limited editions.
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 1.6 litre (1595cc) 4 cylinder
● 1.8 litre (1781cc) 4 cylinder Including turbo
Turbo-Diesel Engine Covered:
● 1.9 litre (1896cc) 4 cylinder
Does NOT cover V5 or V6 engines
Does NOT cover Syncro/4-Motion
Does NOT cover new range introduced December 2000
● Living with Your Volkswagen Passat
● Roadside Repairs
● Weekly Checks
● Routine Maintenance & Service
● Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Engine Removal & Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
● Fuel Systems - Petrol Injection
● Fuel Systems - Diesel
● Emission Control & Exhaust Systems
● Starting & Charging Systems
● Ignition System - Petrol Engines
● Pre-heating Systems - Diesel Models
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Braking System
● Suspension & Steering
● Bodywork & Fittings
● Body Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.