Mercedes Benz A-Class Petrol & Diesel 1998 - 2004 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers: A140, A160, A170, A190 & A210 Hatchback (W168 series), including special/limited editions. Also covers major mechanical features of Vaneo.
Does NOT cover new A-Class range (W169 series) introduced 2005
● 1.4 litre (1397cc) "M166" SOHC 4 cylinder petrol
● 1.6 litre (1598cc) "M166" SOHC 4 cylinder petrol
● 1.7 litre (1689cc) "OM668" DOHC 4 cylinder turbo-diesel
● 1.9 litre (1898cc) "M166" SOHC 4 cylinder petrol
● 2.1 litre (2084cc) "M166" SOHC 4 cylinder petrol
● Living with Your Mercedes Benz A-Class
● Roadside Repairs
● Weekly Checks
● Lubricants & Fluids
● Tyre Pressures
● Routine Maintenance & Service
● Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
● Engine Removal & Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
● Petrol Engine Fuel Systems
● Diesel Engine Fuel Systems
● Emission Control & Exhaust Systems - Petrol Models
● Emission Control & Exhaust Systems - Diesel Models
● Starting & Charging Systems
● Ignition System - Petrol Engines
● PreHeating System - Diesel Engines
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Braking System
● Suspension & Steering
● Bodywork & Fittings
● Body Electrical Systems
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.