VW Volkswagen T4 Transporter (Diesel) 1990 - 2003 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers Transporter 'T4' variants with front-mounted diesel engines and front-wheel-drive.
● Diesel Engines Covered:
VW Transporter ‘T4’ 1.9L 4-cylinder (1896cc) (1990 - 2003)
VW Transporter ‘T4’ 2.4L (2370cc) (1990 - 2003)
VW Transporter ‘T4’ 2.5L 5-cylinder (2461cc) (1990 - 2003)
● DOES NOT cover petrol engine models, all-wheel-drive 'Syncro' models, interior features specific to Westfalia, Caravelle or Multivan, or specialist bodywork/camper conversions.
● DOES NOT cover Transporter 'T5' range introduced July 2003.
● Safety First!
● Roadside repairs
● Weekly checks
● Routine maintenance and servicing
● 4 - Cylinder engine in-vehicle repair procedures
● 5 - Cylinder engine in-vehicle repair procedures
● Engine removal and overhaul procedures
● Cooling, heating and ventilation systems
● Fuel and exhaust systems
● Emission control systems
● Starting and charging systems
● Manual transmission
● Automatic transmission
● Braking system
● Suspension and steering
● Bodywork and fittings
● Body electrical systems
● Wiring diagrams
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.