Lincoln Continental, Mark Series & Town Car 1970 - 2010 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers rear-wheel drive models, including:
● Continental, 1970-1987
● Mark Series (III, IV, V, VI, VII), 1970-1992
● Town Car, 1981-2010
Note: The manual DOES NOT include Versailles models, V6 or diesel engine information.
● Introduction: Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, And More.
● Tune-Up And Routine Maintenance
● Overhead Valve (OHV) Engines
● 5.0 litre (302 cid - Standard and HO)
● 5.8 litre (351 cid)
● 6.6 litre (400 cid)
● 7.5 litre (460 cid)
● Overhead Cam (OHC) Engine
● 4.6L (281 cid)
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating And Air-Conditioning Systems
● Fuel And Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions Control Systems
● Automatic Transmission
● Suspension And Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
PLEASE NOTE that these manuals are written in the USA and apply to petrol engine cars (except where diesel is specifically mentioned) built to US specifications. (So, the Ford titles deal with Ford of America products, not Ford of Europe, and so on.) Although they are useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.