Mazda 323 Protege 1990 - 2003 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual Covers Mazda 323 & Protege. (This generation 323 was known in Australia as the BG-series)
● 1489 cc (1.5 litre) "Z5" DOHC 4 cylinder
● 1598 cc (1.6 litre) "B6" SOHC 4 cylinder
● 1598 cc (1.6 litre) "ZM" DOHC 4 cylinder
● 1840 cc (1.8 litre) "BP" SOHC & DOHC 4 cylinder
● 1840 cc (1.8 litre) "FP" DOHC 4 cylinder
Please note: This manual does not include information specific to 4WD models.
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Mazda 323 Protege; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Recall Information; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● General Engine overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transaxle
● Automatic Transaxle
● Clutch & Driveaxles
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.