Mazda 626, MX-6 & Ford Probe 1993 - 2001 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the Mazda 626 and MX-6 models (known as the GE series in Australia) and the Ford Probe (known as the ST, SU & SV series in Australia) from 1993 - 2001. The Mazda 626 is also rebadged as the Ford Telstar (AX and AY series) in Australia, although there are some diffrences.
● 2.0 litre DOHC fuel-injected 4 cylinder petrol (FS)
● 2.5 litre DOHC fuel-injected V6 petrol (KL)
● G25M-R 5-speed manual
● 4EAT/GF4A-EL 4-speed automatic (Ford code/Mazda code)
● CD4E/LA4A-EL 4-speed automatic
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Mazda 626; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Anti Theft Audio System; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● 4 Cylinder Engine
● V6 Engine
● General Engine & Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transaxle
● Automatic Transaxle
● Clutch & Driveaxles
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
Questions about manual from customers:
● Does this cover the 626 GF series (for example, 1997)?
Answer: No sorry - only factory manual available for the GF
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.