by A. K. Legg
Mercedes-Benz 280 (123 Series) 1977 - 1981 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers 1977-1981 Mercedes-Benz automobiles, carburetor and fuel injection models with 2.5 litre and 2.8 litre 6-cylinder engines, including:
● Mercedes 280E Sedan (U.S.)
● Mercedes 280CE Coupe (U.S.)
● Mercedes 250 Saloon (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 250 Saloon long wheelbase (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 250T Estate (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 280 Saloon (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 280E Saloon (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 280TE Estate (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 280C Coupe (U.K./Europe)
● Mercedes 280CE Coupe (U.K./Europe)
● Note: this manual DOES NOT include Mercedes Roadsters.
● Introduction: Vehicle Identification Numbers. Buying Parts. Safety. Maintenance Techniques. Chemical And Lubricants, And More.
● Tune-Up And Routine Maintenance
● 2.5 litre 123 6-cylinder inline, SOHC engine
● 2.8 litre 110 6-cylinder inline, DOHC engine
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating And Air-Conditioning Systems
● Fuel And Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions Control Systems
● 4- Or 5-Speed Manual Transmission
● 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
● Suspension And Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country. Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary. Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.