Mitsubishi Pajero Series NL to NT Petrol & Diesel 1997 - 2014 Australian Models Manual covering the Mitsubishi Pajero Series NL, NM, NP, NS, NT & NW four wheel drive, also known as the Montero and Shogun in other markets.
Note: This manual DOES NOT cover the smaller Pajero Io (also known as Pinin) model. While it does not specifically cover the Triton (also known as the L200) the Australian market Triton was sold with the 6G72 and 4M40 engines which are covered in this manual.
Note: Wiring diagrams are not included for the NS and NT series.
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 3.0 litre V6 SOHC 12v (6G72)
● 3.5 litre V6 SOHC & DOHC 24v (6G74)
● 3.8 litre V6 SOHC 8v (6G75)
Diesel Engines Covered:
● 2.8 litre 4 cylinder (4M40)
● 2.8 litre 4 cylinder turbo (4M40T)
● 3.2 litre 4 cylinder turbo (4M41)
● 4-speed manual
● 5-speed manual
● 4-speed and 5 speed automatic
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Mitsubishi Pajero; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Recall Information; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Jacking and Towing; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Fraction/Decimal/Millimeter Equivalents; Troubleshooting
● Tune Up and Routine Maintenance
● V6 Petrol Engines
● 2.8 litre Diesel Engine
● 3.2 litre Diesel Engine
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions and Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Transfer Case
● Clutch and Drivetrain
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams (NS and NT series are not covered)
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Automatic Transmission.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.