Nissan Frontier Xterra & Pathfinder 1996 - 2004 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers:2WD & 4WD versions of the Frontier pickups (Navara in Australia), Xterra (similar to the X-Trail, Xtrail in Australia) & Pathfinder models up to 2004.
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 2.4 litre DOHC "KA24DE" 4 cylinder
● 3.3 litre SOHC "VG33E" V6
● 3.5 litre DOHC "VQ35DE" V6
Does not include information specific to supercharged engine models.
● FS5W71C 5-speed manual (all 4-cylinder except Pathfinder)
● FS5R30A 5-speed manual (all V6 and all Pathfinder)
● RL4R01A 4-speed automatic (4-cylinder)
● RE4R01A 4-speed automatic (V6 models)
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Fraction/Decimal/Millimeter Equivalents; Jacking and Towing; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● 2.4 litre 4 Cylinder Engine
● 3.3 litre V6 Engine
● 3.5 litre V6 Engine
● General Engine overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Transfer Case
● Clutch & Driveline
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.