Nissan Patrol Y61 / GU Petrol & Diesel (Petrol to 2012) 1998 - 2014 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the Nissan Patrol (Australian models) from 1998 to 2014 (Petrol to 2012) including Y61, GU, GU II and GU III series in DX and ST variants.
● Does not cover Y62 Series
Petrol Engines (Petrol to 2012) Covered:
● 4.5 litre (4479cc) "TB45E" OHV 6 cylinder
● 4.8 litre (4759cc) "TB48DE" DOHC 6 cylinder
Diesel Engines Covered:
● 2.8 litre (2826cc) RD28ETi Indirect Injection, Turbocharged & Intercooled OHC 6 Cylinder
● 3.0 litre (2953cc) ZD30DDTi Direct Injection, Turbocharged & Intercooled DOHC 4 Cylinder
● 4.2 litre (4169cc) TD42 Normally Aspirated OHV 6 Cylinder
● 4.2 litre (4169cc) TD42T Turbocharged OHV 6 Cylinder
● 4.2 litre (4169cc) TD42Ti Turbocharged & Intercooled OHV 6 Cylinder
● FS5R50B - 5 Speed Manual
● FS5R30A - 5 Speed Manual
● RE4R03A - 4 Speed Automatic (removal, reinstallation & servicing)
● TX12A Dual Range Transfer Case
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Nissan Patrol GU Petrol & Diesel; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Jacking and Towing; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Routine Maintenance
● 4.5 litre & 4.8 litre 6 Cylinder Petrol Engines
● 2.8 litre 6 Cylinder Diesel Engine
● 3.0 litre 4 Cylinder Diesel Engine
● 4.2 litre 6 Cylinder Diesel Engines
● Cooling, heating and air conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems - Petrol Engines
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems - Diesel Engines
● Engine Electrical
● Emissions Controls
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Transfer Case
● Clutch & Driveline
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
Questions from customers:
● Can you please tell me how many pages this book has & does it cover TD42 injection pump timing adjustments?
Answer: This manual covers the removal and installation of the injection pump. As well as the timing adjustments once the pump has been installed (TD42T & TD42TDi engine).
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
PLEASE NOTE that these manuals are intended for petrol engine cars (except where diesel is specifically mentioned) built to Australian specifications. Whilst many of them are useful for the same make and model of car built for other markets, such vehicles may have different features, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.