Porsche 944 1983 - 1989 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers all SOHC models of Porsche 944 from 1983 to 1989, including turbo.
Does NOT cover 944S.
● About This Manual, Safety First, Introduction To The Porsche 944, Vehicle Identification Numbers, Buying Parts, Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities, Booster Battery (Jump Starting), Jacking & Towing, Automotive Chemicals & Lubricants, Safety First, Conversion Factors, Troubleshooting
● Tune-Up & Routine Maintenance
● General Engine Overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Interior Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
● Fuel And Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emission Control Systems
● Manual Transmission
● Automatic Transmission
● Clutch & Drivetrain
● Steering & Suspension Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
PLEASE NOTE that this manual is intended for vehicles built to US specifications and do not cover diesel models unless specifically stated. Although it is useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.