Toyota Camry 1997 - 2002 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the Toyota Camry SXV20 & MCV20 models from 1997 to 2002.
● 2.2 litre (2164 cc) "5S-FE" DOHC 4 cylinder petrol
● 3.0 litre (2995 cc) "1MZ-FE" DOHC V6 petrol
The "1MZ-FE" engine is also used in Australian-market Avalon models and some Lexus ES300s sold here.
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Toyota Camry; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Fraction/Decimal/Millimeter Equivalents; Jacking and Towing; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● 4 Cylinder Engine
● V6 Engine
● General Engine overhaul Procedures
● Cooling, Heating and Air Conditioning
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Engine Control Systems
● Manual Transaxle
● Automatic Transaxle
● Clutch & Driveaxles
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
NOTE: Only maintenance, adjustment, minor repair procedures plus removal and installation are described for the Transmissions.
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
Customer questions about manual:
● I have a camry sxv20r CSi . This particular one was only manufactured between 2000 to 2002 before the new models. I need to remove the heating core and need to make sure this is the right manual
Answer: Yes, this is the correct manual for your model and does cover the heating and ventilation system thoroughly.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.