Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner (Petrol & Diesel) 2WD & 4WD 1979 - 1997 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers: Toyota Hi-Lux and 4Runner RN, YN, V2N & LN series 2WD & 4WD Wagon, utility, cab chassis models.
Diesel Engines Covered:
● 2.2 litre (2188 cc) "L" SOHC 4 cylinder Diesel
● 2.4 litre (2446 cc) "2L" SOHC 4 cylinder Diesel
● 2.8 litre (2779 cc) "3L" SOHC 4 cylinder Diesel
Petrol Engines Covered:
● 1.6 litre (12R & 1Y)
● 1.8 litre (2Y)
● 2.0 litre (18R, 3Y)
● 2.2 litre (4Y, 4Y-E, 20R)
● 2.4 litre (22R, 22R-E)
● 3.0 litre (3VZ-FE)
DOES NOT cover Turbo Models
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Toyota Hi-Lux & 4 Runner; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Recall Information; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and routine maintenance
● Four-cylinder overhead valve (OHV) petrol engines
● Four-cylinder overhead cam (OHC) petrol engines
● V6 petrol engine
● Diesel engines
● General engine overhaul procedures
● Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
● Fuel and exhaust systems – petrol engines
● Fuel and exhaust systems - diesel engines
● Engine electrical systems
● Emissions control and pre-heating systems
● Manual transmission
● Automatic transmission
● Transfer case
● Clutch and drivetrain
● Suspension and steering systems (2WD models)
● Suspension and steering systems (4WD)
● Chassis electrical system
● Wiring Diagrams
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
Questions about manual from customers:
● Is there instructions about gearbox in this manual- diff- basic running gear?
Answer: Yes, this manual includes service and repair instructions for manual transmissions and differentials. Generally all systems are covered except repairs to automatic transmissions.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.