VW Beetle & Karmann Ghia 1954 - 1979 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers: Beetle 1954 - 1979 and Karmann Ghia 1956 - 1975.
Engines covered (are all boxer 4-cylinder, air-cooled):
● 1200 (1192 cc)
● 1300 (1285 cc)
● 1500 (1493 cc)
● 1600 (1584 cc) Single port
● 1600 (1584 cc) Dual port
Transmissions Covered (no overhaul data for automatic):
● Split-case 4-speed manual
● Single-piece case 4-speed manual
● Automatic Stick Shift 3-speed semi-automatic - manual shift with torque converter and automatic clutch
● Introductory Pages
About this Manual; Introduction to the Volkswagen Beetle & Karmann Ghia; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Buying Parts; Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities; Booster Battery (jump) starting; Jacking and Towing; Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants; Conversion Factors; Safety First!; Troubleshooting
● Tune-up and Routine Maintenance
● Cooling & Heating Systems
● Fuel and Exhaust Systems
● Engine Electrical Systems
● Emissions & Control Systems
● Manual Transaxle
● Automatic Stick Shift
● Clutch & Driveline
● Suspension and Steering Systems
● Chassis Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.