Harley-Davidson Shovelhead and Evolution Big Twins 1970 - 1999 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual Covers the following Models:
● FL, FLH, FLHS 1200cc 1970 - 1980
● FX, FXE, FXS, FXEF 1200cc 1970 - 1980
● FLT, FLTC/U, FLH, FLHF, FLHR, FLHS, FLHT, FLHTC/U 1340cc 1978 - 1999
● FXR, FXRS, FXRS-SP, FXRS-CONV, FXLR, FXRD, FXRT 1340cc 1982 - 1999
● FXB, FXD, FXE, FXDG, FXDL, FXDWG, FXDS-CONV, FXEF, FXS, FXSB, FXWG, FXST, FXSTC, FXSTS, FLST, FLST-SP, FLSTC, FLSTF, FLSTN 1340cc 1979 - 1999
● FXD, FXDB, FXDC, FXDL, FXDS-CONV, FXDWG 1340cc 1991 - 1998
Please note: This manual DOES NOT include police models.
● Living With Your HARLEY-DAVIDSON BIG TWIN
Introduction: Miwaukee magic; Ackowledgements; About this manual; Identification numbers: buying spare parts; decoding the Vehile Identification Number (VIN); Safety first!
● Daily (Pre-Ride) Checks: Engine oil level check; Suspension, steering and final-drive checks; Tyre checks.
Routine Maintenance and Servicing: Specifications; Recommended lubricants and fluids; Component locations; Maintenance schedule; Maintenance procedures.
● Repairs And Overhaul
Engine, Transmission and Associated Systems: Engine; Clutch, primary drive and transmission; Fuel and exhaust systems; Ignition system.
● Chassis and Bodywork Components: Steering; Suspension; Final drive; Wheels; Brakes; Tyres; Frame and bodywork.
● Electrical System
● Wiring Diagrams (In Colour)
Haynes repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete teardown & rebuild.
General information on Repair Manuals
Please note that workshop manuals are usually written for models sold in a specific country.
Differences in specification can exist between models sold in different countries and items such as engines can vary.
Please check that the manual will cover your model before purchase and if you are unsure please contact us first.