The Race Car Chassis: Design, Structures And Materials is an invaluable handbook on the structural design and science behind the race car chassis.
Includes sections on materials and structures, structural loads, a brief overview of suspension and chassis design, multi-tube and space frame chassis, joining ferrous metals, stressed skin construction, and joining light alloys.
● The Idea of a Chassis
● Suspension Systems
● The Loads on a Vehicle Frame
● Four Tube Chassis and Space Frames
● Stressed Skin Construction
● An Overview of the Strength of Materials
● Tube Frame Materials and Details
● Stressed Skin Materials and Details
● An Overview of Modern Race Car Chassis