This detailed and beautifully illustrated book covers the Mercedes-Benz W113 series, which ran from 1963 to 1971. Written by a highly regarded motoring writer, with many years’ ownership of the Mercedes SL and SLC behind him, this is the definitive study of the subject. All models and major world markets are looked at, along with competition history. Extensive appendices cover engine specifications, chassis numbers, build numbers, and so on.
It’s hard to believe, but the 113-series Mercedes-Benz SL was launched almost 50 years ago. However, its timeless styling has kept it fresh and attractive in the eyes of new generations of enthusiasts, as well as those going back to this classic German machine, having owned one when they were still current.
But the W113 isn't just a visual treat: its combination of superb original design, peerless engineering and build quality has ensured that many of these cars can still be seen in regular use today, with reliability and practicality adding to the desirability of the series. Covering the SL’s ever-changing specification, its competition record, and its presence in many of the world’s major markets is a huge task, but it’s all presented here in definitive detail, along with stunning contemporary photography, in a volume that will readily grace any reference library shelf or connoisseur’s coffee table.
● Stunning contemporary photography, mostly in colour
● Year-by-year coverage of all road cars
● Full vehicle profiles for authenticity
● Competition exploits covered in detail
● World markets reviewed to give true picture of cars available
● Full co-operation from the factory
● Written by a long-term Mercedes owner and enthusiast
● Stand-alone title, but also complements other Long/Veloce SL book
● Written by an acknowledged motoring historian
● Detailed appendices