The definitive history of the entire Mercedes-Benz W123 series. From the saloons/sedans, coupés, and estates/wagons, to LWB and chassis only vehicles, this book contains an overview of all the models sold in each of the world's major markets. Packed full of information and contemporary illustrations sourced from the factory.
At last, the definitive history of the hugely-successful Mercedes-Benz W123 series, written in English by renowned motoring writer Brian Long. Produced in saloon/sedan, coupé, estate/wagon, LWB and chassis only form, around 2,700,000 examples of the W123 series were sold between 1976 and 1986. Thanks to the full co-operation of the Mercedes-Benz factory in Stuttgart, Germany, this book covers each and every variant from a worldwide sales perspective, and is packed full of information and contemporary colour photographs from both the factory and private collections. It is the perfect resource for W123 enthusiasts and followers of Mercedes lore.
● Stunning contemporary photography, mostly in colour
● Year-by-year coverage of all the production models
● Detailed vehicle profiles for authenticity
● Reviews world markets to give a true picture of the cars available
● Produced with the full co-operation of the factory
● Serves as an invaluable guide as the W123 becomes more collectable
● Written by an acknowledged motoring historian
● Includes detailed appendices on range, engines, and production figures
● Until now, little information has been available in English
● Written by a long-term Mercedes owner and enthusiast