by Jerry Burton
Outside Australia? Tax free price AUD$65.00 currency converter
Availability: Usually dispatched within 48 hours read more
Or call (02) 9057 4158 to order by telephone
Quote order code RB-GCZA
The name Zora Arkus-Duntov has long been inextricably linked with Corvette in the minds of automotive historians and enthusiasts. But the story of Zora Arkus-Duntov runs far deeper than his twenty plus years of professional involvement as both Corvette's primary advocate within General Motors and as the fiberglass sports car's first chief engineer.
Author Jerry Burton, founding editor of Corvette Quarterly, has written the only authorized biography of Zora Arkus-Duntov. In telling the complete story of this complex and fascinating man, Burton takes the reader from Zora's roots in revolutionary Russia to his relentless pursuit of the American dream amidst the backdrop of New York and Detroit during the height of America's love affair with the automobile.
● Turbulent Times in St. Petersburg 1909-1924
● A World Beyond Russia 1926-1936
● The Manager and the Racer 1937-1939
● Zora's World at War 1939-1940
● America and Ardun 1940-1945
● Shifting into High Performance 1945-1948
● Sojourn in England 1948-1952
● Courting the Automakers 1952-1953
● Zora and the General 1953
● Getting Down to Business 1953-1957
● Driving the Works Porsches 1954
● Driving His Reputation Forward 1954-1956
● The Transformation Continues 1956-1957
● Growing Roots 1957-1958
● The Mid-Engined Advocate 1959-1960
● Struggle over the Sting Ray 1961-1962
● Taking it to the Track 1962-1964
● The Corporate Robin Hood 1964-1965
● Sharks in the Water 1965-1969
● The Back Door Man 1967-1974
● One Last Stand 1970-1977
● Blowing Out 1970-1975
● Life After GM 1975-1989
● Never Say Die 1989-1996
Shipping: Due to weight, a surcharge applies only to International shipments (4) read more
Within Australia there is a flat delivery charge of A$9.95 per order (any number of items).
The Computer Outpost does not endorse, recommend or sponsor any guest product reviews and comments.
As this is a family friendly page, The Computer Outpost reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it considers to be offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. The Computer Outpost may also remove reviews and comments that it considers to be misleading or deceptive.
Get new releases, special offers and more sent right to your inbox.